The Workplace Centre Limited - We are a World Class Skills Development and HR / ICT Consulting Services organisation that adds significant value to our clients and society.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Business Development
Description of Role: Head, Business Development
- To develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives including the set target and possibly exceed the target consistently.
- Responsible for generating new business opportunities through marketing activities and prospecting into new accounts.
- To work closely with the entire team of Business Development in head office and the branches to meet organizational objectives of the department.
- Creating and development of strong business relationships through well-developed networking skills (Co-ordination of the retail/corporate businesses in head office)
- Identify target markets and growth strategies for the company, grow the existing, develop new customers and meet targets set for the business development, KPI’s and customer service standard.
- Market all insurance products and services, locally and internationally to corporate clients
- Develop a situation analysis of business development department including its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to assist in the development of a strategic plan for the company’s business growth.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, negotiate and close business deals.
- Managing client relationships and portfolio profitability.
- Advising clients through Brokers on the Risk Improvement and Risk Management in coordination with the Technical team.
- Dealing with the day to day business inquiries of clients
- Coordination and Supervision of head office staff and overseeing the activities of teams including assisting in the operational and technical management of the office.
- Organize promotional activities to showcase company products.
- To assist in the management, administration, and the control of the company’s operations to ensure profitable and timely service.
- Ensure compliance of financial records, liaising with the regional offices and team member on preparing monthly, quarterly production and collection reports including collection of outstanding amounts by providing accurate debtor analysis and reconciliations including management of receivables/suspense accounts in conjunction with all teams’ member.
- Develop close and interpersonal relationship with the Relationship Managers of the parent company.
- Training and grooming of subordinates, in preparation of proposals/bid for new business especially corporate business outside and within First Bank group.
- Assist in the management of receivables/suspense accounts in conjunction with the marketers in head office.