Alan & Grant - Our client is an indigenous marine support company incorporated to provide marine services in Nigeria.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Business Development (Marine)
Zip/Postal Code: 234
- An opportunity for a seasoned Head, Business Development expert to join a leading marine services company.
- The job holder would build and lead a team that would manage existing relationship, closing new businesses to achieve the company's quarterly and annual target.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining accurate documentation for the Business Development department.
- Maintain various reports regarding database of tenders, pre-qualifications and competitors in the marketplace.
- Stay informed of business environments and industry trends, providing the company with feasibility studies, market intelligence and business analysis to determine the organization’s position in the marketplace and guide in proper business decisions.
- Assist in developing a marketing strategy towards achieving business objectives.
- Identify prospective clients and opportunities in the marketplace through various sources such as newspapers, NIPEX, client contacts etc.
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients.
- Oversee, day-to-day, the schedule for timely responses to RFQs, RFIs and RFPs.
- Ensures professional presentation of company’s document of policies, procedures, vessel technical specifications, work history etc.
- Liaise with client’s key personnel for intelligence regarding tender processes to ensure a competent submission.
- Develop and manage business relationship with the international oil companies with established Nigerian presence to project the organization as a competitive player in oil & gas product trading/supply; and with representatives of key government parastatals, regulatory bodies etc. for trading unit business objectives.