The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) is currently recruiting to fill the role of Head – Corporate and Marketing Communications, a Senior Management role at the Institute.
In recent times, the Institute has invested significantly in repositioning the CIPM Brand and Customer Experience by leveraging Technology and Digital Marketing Tools to engage with our members, prospective members and stakeholders. The Head – Corporate and Marketing Communications is at the forefront of our branding, communication and marketing and is critical to developing and sustaining a CIPM brand that resonates with our current and prospective stakeholders.
We therefore encourage qualified professionals with a deep understanding of and passion for Branding, Marketing and Communication Strategy to start the journey to joining our team by reading through the role requirements and applying for the role using the application details provided below.
Role: Head Corporate and Marketing Communications
Organization: Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM)
Reporting Line: Registrar/CEO
Supervises: Business Intelligence and Digital Media Analyst, Graphic Design and Social Media Analyst, Marketing and Public Affairs Analyst and Retailing Officer
Key Relationships: External Clients, Internal Stakeholders, Service Providers, Subject Matter Experts
Job Summary: Provide overall management of all marketing and branding, event management and retailing activities within the institute. Provide direct management of media and public relations, marketing communications/promotions, branding, online communications, public affairs, reputation management and external and corporate communication to increase sales productivity and brand value of CIPM.
Key Responsibility Areas
Marketing and Brand Management
- Build data report and trends to achieve and maintain competitive edge within the Professional services industry
- Work with cross-functional teams and department heads to develop and execute business plans related to growth and revenue generation (new markets, new channels and new businesses).
- Support and promote credible growth initiatives by executing regular market research analysis.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing the market, examining risks and potentials, evaluating clauses in the contract and making recommendations to management.
- Grow customer loyalty by engaging in regular follow-up sessions to measure client satisfaction.
- Increase revenue from referrals of existing clients
- Develop the organizations brand and constantly promote positive brand awareness and visibility
- Work closely with line managers to develop marketing strategies, plans, and objectives to achieve the institute’s corporate and business objectives.
- Sell and make recommendations to prospective and existing clients of programs and services offered by the institute to resolve their business issues.
- Build and develop strong business relationships with prospective, new and existing clients/ stakeholders.
- Plan and organize promotional presentations to give effective representation of the institutes programs and services to all stakeholders.
- Act as custodian of the institutes brand identity and ensures brand alignment of all electronic and printed communications/materials, including corporate gifts and items (diaries, calendars etc)
Communication, Media and Event Management
- Traditional Media Management – Electronic (TV, Radio), Print (Newspaper). Interface with the press for broadcasts of the Institute’s high profile events / Content management of all media communications – TV adverts, radio jingles, newspapers etc .
- Manage Web Media Content – Blog/CIPM Website / Microsites for High Profile Events
- Provide public relations support / content development for Corporate Social Responsibility activities (Support the process of the successful execution of the Institute’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – Career Fair & Entrepreneurship Fair / Annual Public Lecture)
- Create and distribute content for Mainstream Multimedia Marketing – New Media (Email, Digital - Blog, Online newspaper, Social Media)
- Manage communications via news media, e-newsletters, emails.
- Content management of brochures, and other similar publications of the Institute, all media communications – TV adverts, radio jingles, newspapers etc).
- Coordinate speech writing and Corporate Statements for all Institute events
- Interface with the press for broadcasts of the institute’s high profile events.
- Survey client needs and trends to achieve and maintain competitive edge in the Industry.
- Provide guidelines and approve key procedures for the execution of event management activities
- Approve work plans, schedules and budgets for event delivery management
- Set and monitor KPIs to measure effectiveness of event delivery
- Deliver all approved CIPM High profile event and activities within specified timelines and budgetary requirements at 90% post event evaluation positive customer satisfaction
- Support the process owners for the successful execution of the institute’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Develop and execute the retailing strategy of the institute to drive and support the overall mandate of CIPM
- Continually identify and explore new channels for institute related retailing including online channels
- Oversee the sales of CIPM branded souvenirs at all CIPM High Profile Events and Sales of study packs
Business Management and Development
- Develop strategies to achieve the vision of the Institute.
- Provide objective advice, expertise and specialist skills with the aim of creating value and maximising business performance of the Department and its clients.
- Identify and drive new business initiatives, boost sales/profit levels and oversee the departments financial performance
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the business through more effective process and people management.
- Ensure effective execution of the departments strategies and hitch free internal and external customer experience.
People and Resource Management
- In line with the Institutes Strategic Objectives, set strategic goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and procedures to enhance return on project/learning investment and enhance the profile of the Institute.
- Set departments' high-level goals, objectives and plans and conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the Department is meeting its short-and long-term objectives
- Review the operating results and service standards of the Department & compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Manage work relationships with service providers for seamless work flow
- Manage the departmental budget towards effective optimization of allocated resources