Rainoil Limited is an integrated downstream oil and gas company. A prominent player in the Nigerian industry, the company’s operations span across the downstream value chain i.e. Petroleum Product Storage, Haulage/Distribution and Retail Sales. Our primary products include Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and Kerosene (DPK).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Logistics
Job Ref: RO-00055
Job Type: Full Time
- To direct, manage and coordinate Rainoil’s Logistics business in line with agreed Group targets and strategic objectives.
- To initiate, maintain and grow customer relationships and oversee the implementation of superior petroleum product distribution / delivery standards within the Logistics business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages with Executive Management to develop the Logistics strategic objectives, goals and targets in line with the Group strategy
- Communicates the strategy within the Logistics business and leads its execution
- Prepares the annual budgets and monitors performance to ensure that variances are avoided or minimized
- Allocates required resources and approves requisitions in line with the budgets and laid down controls
- Drives the development and cultivation of positive business relationships with Rainoil’s customers and vendors; directs pricing and performance reviews in order to identify service and revenue improvement opportunities and to manage costs
- Establishes procedures and practice standards for the dispatching, routing, and tracking of petroleum products transportation in line with relevant Group standards and local, government and international regulations
- Engages with relevant internal colleagues and establishes and implements documentation standards, procedures and tools for shipments and transportation
- Establishes and implements measures to monitor and report delays or variances in inbound/outbound deliveries to the appropriate parties
- Conducts periodic checks and inspection on the fleet of trucks to ascertain road worthiness
- Oversees the fleet maintenance and replacement planning process, advises management as appropriate
- Reviews periodic reports on all Logistics related transactions
- Oversees and monitors operational and service performance against targets and reports to management at agreed intervals
- Participates in the recruitment of Logistics employees e.g. Truck Drivers
- Oversees and directs the consistent enforcement of applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations in the Logistics business