Baobab is a leading financial inclusion group focusing on serving individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa and China. Our mission is to unleash the potential of our clients offering them simple and easy to use financial services. Founded in 2005 as Microcred, today Baobab has over 1 000 000 customers and 3,800 employees in Madagascar, Senegal, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mali, Tunisia, Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo and China.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Digital Strategy
Direct Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
- Lead and guide a strategic Digitization of Baobab’s commercial business leveraging technology and drive the fintech execution capabilities in alignment with strategic initiatives consistent with Baobab’s culture.
- Lead the sales and marketing activities of the organization.
- Lead Digitization of Baobab Nigeria.
- Build a dedicated team to drive digital capabilities, program management and associated change management across the enterprise. As a strategic leader, this role leverages deep understanding of digital business processes and technology application to design and deliver appropriate transformation programs.
- Lead the following teams for the purpose of effective digitization of the business - business intelligence, digital strategy, digital channels, change management, digitization program management and serve as a key member of the Leadership Team.
- Accountable for transformative design, deployment, and integrated delivery of Baobab’s next generation business solutions.
- Lead the technical design, deployment, transition, and ongoing support of the solution.
- Identify and manage multiple vendors required for the delivery during the program.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to identify new and emerging technologies for digital transformation.
- Build the initial commercial transformation team and provide leadership and vision for direct reports within the team.
- Lead and motivate a high-performing team of senior managers, individual contributors and external resources.
- Collaborate across boundaries to define and execute business priorities.
- Lead the creation and refinement of key strategies within the scope of the role.
- Provide leadership to teams in managing business transformation initiatives/projects.
- Provide oversight for multiple digital solutions from vendors, custom solutions and internal resources.
- Identify and implement key metrics and monitors to ensure project and initiative deliverables are achieved.
- Organize and lead a highly technical global team for scale and growth.
- Drive the delivery of Baobab’s commercial business objectives.