Palladium Group is a privately owned real estate company. Its core businesses are Portfolio and Development investments. The Group invests for its own account and in partnership with private and institutional investors. Its knowledge and expertise allow for a combination of efficiency and quality of life aspects through a global approach to residential and commercial projects. Palladium Group covers all facets of real estate, from urban and architectural design to ownership, development, asset and property management, as well as maintenance of single assets and portfolios. The Company started as a general contractor over a hundred years ago. In the twenties, the Company evolved by beginning to construct several buildings in Paris together with associated property management business activities to enhance and create additional synergies and value for the construction company. Through the years, the Group expanded its activities throughout Western Europe, particularly in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, as well as the United States and most recently into Saudi Arabia.
Job Title: Head of Finance & Operations
Ref No: req8125
- Stamping out Trafficking in Nigeria (SoTiN) is a 4 year DFID Nigeria programme which aims to change or reduce the behaviours, attitudes, and social norms in Edo State that drive or enable human trafficking.
- The project seeks to achieve the impact that more effective Government and non-Government institutions reduce the drivers and enablers of unsafe migration and trafficking through three components:
- Strengthened Edo State Government response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: more effective and innovative use of resources – human, financial, physical, political and network assets – supports a ‘whole of government’ approach to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking through social and attitudinal change.
- Improved coordination, innovation and quality of NGO response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: better coordinated and more effective civil society tackling the drivers and enablers of human trafficking;
- A stronger evidence base for action in anti-slavery prevention, with learning platforms operating and informing policy and interventions: the use of evidence and sharing of best practices becomes embedded in ways of working, to deliver improved performance not only in Nigeria, but globally.
- The Head of Finance and Operations is a full-time position for the DFID SoTiN programme in Benin City, Edo state. The role will be based in Benin City along with a programme implementation team.
- The role will be responsible for financial and administrative responsibilities for the programme and support to the Team Leader who will have overall responsibility for the implementation and successful delivery of the programme in Nigeria.
- Overall management of administrative operations, including logistics, procurement, budgeting, finances, human resources, information technology, property and security;
- Oversee sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including grants, subcontracts, human resources, procurement and compliance: Ensuring team and partner understanding and implementation of Palladium finance and operations SOPs;
- Oversee the preparation of subcontracts, hiring management of subcontractors including review of Terms of Reference and negotiating fee rates and daily subsistence allowance (DS) of subcontractor consultants;
- Ensure due diligence, in line with DFID T&Cs, is carried out on all contracts (ex; consultant agreements, subcontracts, grant agreements, etc.)
- Oversee all programme procurement activities and ensure compliance to Palladium SOPs and guidelines;
- Oversee office facilities to ensure smooth running and overall management of all leases, contracts and financial commitments;
- Ensure compliance with other regulatory requirements relating to the employment of staff and all assets procured or leased by the proejct;
- Oversee and maintain the programme risk register and asset register; and
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the staff under their direct supervision.
Financial Management & Reporting:
- Supervise financial operations and monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures;
- Prepare budgets for annual workplans and financial reports for DFID Nigeria; ensuring teams
- provide accurate forecasts and that monthly financial forecast variance remains within 2% or as required by the client
- Ensure the programme is within client’s variance tolerance limits consistently and establishes effective systems that enable this this.
- Ensure strong maintenance of financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credits control and petty cash;
- Oversee payroll processing for all staff;
- Develop internal control measures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting at the headquarters and field levels; establishing mid-month, monthly and quarterly financial review meeting as required;
- Maintain overview of programme expenditure against programme budgets;
- Support capacity building for both the SoTiN team and grant recipients towards improved financial management systems and capability, developing systems for improved financial management performance (e.g. performance management reporting and score cards)
- Conduct internal and coordinate external financial audits and lead all programme requirement for DFID annual audits of the programme and successful outcome;
- Lead all prompt submissions of tax obligations of the programme working with the Abuja based
- Compliance and Operations manager to relevant state and federal tax authorities; and
- Oversee projects logistics management.
Management & Other Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the mobilization of short-term and long-term technical assistance and administrative staff;
- Work with the MEL manager to develop a financial narrative for programme performance reports and contributing to the development of quarterly value for money reporting to the client.
- Line management responsibility for a small finance and operations team;
- Other duties as required by the Team Leader.