Amazuma Services Limited is a medium telecommunications engineering and oil and gas servicing company committed to providing zero down time on telecommunications facilities and network transmission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
- The Head of Finance performs all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, liquidity management as well as development of internal control policies and procedures
- He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making
- The role will also support business development initiatives.
- To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and provide timely, accurate and appropriate financial statements and reports for all users in accordance with International
- Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement and ensure adherence to internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete and accurate supporting documentation for all financial transactions.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts on a regular basis.
- Handle the acquisition of capital assets and ensure they are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit exercise and liaise with external auditors as necessary.
- Formulate policies for budget and forecast preparation; assist other departments in budget creation; prepare the annual company budget, monitor and report on variances.
- Oversee the administration of all leases, contracts and other financial obligations.
- Compute key business metrics and report on them to management; create additional analyses and reports as requested.
- Potentially focused on Treasury and cash management processes.
- A good network with the banks (FX exchange and FX structures), dealing with regulators (CBN, FIRS, etc), knowledgeable about local tax rules and regulations.
- Ability to raise local debt equity, entrench a fully efficient finance function that provides sound fiscal strategy, policies, planning and processes.
- Able to prepare financial statements from scratch to present a true and fair view of the company’s performance.
- Highly proficient in use of major Accounting and analysis software and spreadsheets.
- Superb spoken and written communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of working.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well-organised, with unquestionable integrity, good judgement and strong professional ethics.