Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are currently looking for a talented person with a passion for the ecommerce space to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Head of Marketing
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Senior Management Level
Reports to: VP, Operations
- The Head of Marketing will be responsible for leading the entire Konga marketing team, developing and leading the strategic plan and vision for digital platform development such as website content, e-commerce, personalization, testing, marketing, and digital technology.
- The role also entails working closely with the commercial team on planning and ensuring business targets are being achieved.
- Create and execute successful content marketing campaigns, media strategies, and integrated marketing communications to increase the company’s awareness, drive user growth and retention;
- Develop plans to help establish konga brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals;
- Preparing and managing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Achieve marketing performance given business targets. This includes budget allocation and monitoring to maximize return of investment per customer;
- Together with commercial team, define and plan monthly sales campaign;
- Increase company’s website traffic and acquisition of new audiences through offline and online marketing tools and tactics, including and not limited to blog and website publishing, social media, events, corporate responsibility initiatives, etc;
- Coordinate across marketing teams (online, CRM, shop, design, PR, offline), monitoring execution and reporting on campaign performance;
- Conceptualize and oversee development of outdoor, radio, TV campaigns;
- Determine effectiveness of offline campaigns against targets and budgets and iterate actions as necessary;
- Own event calendar, anticipate marketing planning given business strategy and keep team's workflow and deadlines aligned with overall campaign goals;
- Crafting strategies for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creative
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Anticipate and evaluate issues as they arise by working in close collaboration with commercial teams and deliver plans to counter in line with the business targets;
- Long term strategy planning: Communicate on the mission, translating business targets into a marketing plan and breaking it down into marketing KPI´s to improve marketing efficiency;
- Best practices: Ensure marketing plans and strategies are benchmarked against standards;
- Internal communication: Organize, participate and lead periodic meetings with all stakeholders with the aim of adjusting the marketing plan and operational feedback;
- Growth strategy: Work in synergy with the marketing and category management team to identify new growth opportunities and ways in which to improve our presence through the campaigns promoted;
- Coordinate department/vertical specific reporting that will feed the marketing efficiency plan;
- Forecast, evaluate, measure and report on marketing effectiveness and ROI;
- Participate and propose potential global marketing process & strategy improvements;
- Act as an advisor and business partner to the CEOs.