Jumia One is a one-stop shop app to fulfil your daily needs in a single click. In ONE place, you can now recharge your phone, pay your bills, order food or a cab, book a hotel or a flight, find your next house or car, shop for the widest assortment of products at affordable prices, read the best blogs, bet online, listen to radio…!
Jumia One also provides a secure payment platform; JumiaPay, created by an international team that is bringing together their extensive knowledge and experience in global payments to make sending and receiving money easier, both for personal and commercial use. One currently operates in Nigeria & Egypt and is set to expand across Africa.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Head of Social Media
Job type: Full Time
- In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Jumia with the development, execution and maintenance of social media engagement, monitoring, reporting, and analysis within the Marketing team.
- This position ensures all social media content and communication is in brand alignment.
In particular you will:
- Develop the local social media strategy for Jumia Nigeria in alliance with the central strategy and group goals
- Plan and execute the social media content and activities calendar to engage online followers, drive conversations and turn followers into recurring customers of Jumia Nigeria
- Lead Social Media executives as well as assign tasks across social media team
- Coordinate cross functional relationships between commercial team, graphic design team, digital marketing and social media team
- Analyze and report social media performance for Jumia Nigeria
- Developing content marketing and distribution strategies with key partners and reporting strategies and progress to senior marketing management.
- Maintain a constant awareness of social media trends locally as well as internationally and incorporate these trends in Jumia Nigeria's social media content
- Working with the central Marketing and Communications teams to ensure alignment with company-wide best practices and policies