Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Support Services
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Availability: As soon as possible
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The Head of Support Services will offer overall direction and management of all support services in DRC Nigeria.
- The Head of Support Services will ensure the consolidation of effective and efficient support services in the areas of finance, administration, IT, human resources, procurement and logistics.
- He/She will play a key role in developing and implementing country specific strategies as well as devising, implementing and improving operational systems, processes and policies in support of DRC’s mission in Nigeria, in line with DRC international and regional operational standards and procedures.
- Ensure DRC and donor financial regulations, procedures and documentation requirements are adhered to in DRC country operation.
- Provide overall financial planning support to Head of Nigeria Programme, advise on spending and financial spending strategies, provide accurate financial outlook of the programmes on a regular basis.
- Ensure inputs to budget development and guidance on overall financial management support to the budget holders.
- Check the integrity and robustness of financial procedures, possible mismanagement and suggest corrective actions to minimise losses.
- Provide training and mentoring to finance staff to develop capacity in the country offices.
- Implementation of a functioning, real-time master budget tool to Senior Management Team, and programme managers.
- Regulation and monitoring of the overall spending in the programme, cost sharing and administrative cooperation between projects and personnel.
- Active engagement as a member of the senior management team once suspecting or having discovered any signs of budgetary disparity, fraudulent activity, or administrative problems.
- Ensure implementation of NAVISION financial management system at country level.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial and administrative reporting to external parties, and to the headquarters.
- Management of transparent and effective interaction with banks and other financial institutions, and agreements with authorities favourable to DRC and its beneficiaries.
- Monitoring and regulating the movement of cash, liquidity management, the bank transactions and transfers, and the other personnel involved, beyond the set of internal controls.
- Ensure that all necessary agreements, permits and licenses necessary for DRC‘s operations (including VAT exemption) are in place and keep updated on national Administrative rules and regulations pertaining to the activities of DRC.
- Administrative leadership over effective implementation of the relevant aspects of the country strategy, ensuring procedural and system compliance, and paving way to organisational growth.
- Direct management of administrative and finance personnel at manager level, indirect management of the officers in field offices, and monitoring the conduct of other staff in relation to the rules and policies of DRC.
- Ensuring a timely and quality delivery of administrative and financial operations and services, through sound recruitment, firm internal controls and reporting, effective coordination between projects and personnel, will be essential.
- Facilitation of continued learning and improvement through training, coaching, and communication amongst personnel, and organising sessions for self-evaluation and goal-setting.
- Ensure that effective HR policies are in place and implemented that are in line with DRC international and regional procedures and Nigerian labour law.
- Upholding and championing of the Code of Conduct among the personnel at country office and in field locations through personal example.
- Ensure a proper management of the payroll system Homère compliant to DRC regional HR policies is in place.
- Ensure a well-functioning staff complaint reporting and handling mechanism is in place.
- As a member of senior management team, ensuring that agreed measures for safety and security are in place and adhered to by all staff, including but not limited to the upkeep of MOSS standards, security and evacuation plans, and staff movement.
Logistics and Procurement:
- Provide supervision to country procurement and logistics inclusive of related information management and maintenance, requests for quotations, quality control and ensuring the set procedures are followed.
- Supervise country procurement and logistics personnel, and ensuring logistics team’s close cooperation with the admin/finances, human resources and programme departments to facilitate rapid delivery of appropriate relief items.
- Monitoring procurement procedures and ensuring that items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system.
- Providing support to the Nigeria Logistics Manager in timely management and updating of all logistics reports and information as required by the organisation.
- Ensure proper guidance to Nigeria Logistics Manager in establishing vehicle and equipment maintenance/repair schedule and value-for-money services to the vehicle fleet/equipment.
- Ensure maintenance, dissemination of procurement and logistics reports on observations concerning staff conduct/performance and use of organisation’s assets; and DRC/DDG monthly reports on fuel, inventory, and equipment maintenance/repair and in stock reports.
- Ensure standardization and compatibility of all DRC Nigeria IT and communications equipment to ensure effective management and control of ERP system.
- Develop a network with other INGOs on support system related topics and ensure a proactive communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Share and coordinate administration and finance related information with the Head of Programs and other staff, and attend any internal coordination meetings.
- Liaise with donors and government officials, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration and audit.
- Ensure timely communication with Regional Office and HQ, Project Managers and Sector leads in Nigeria concerning all issues related to finance, administration, HR, procurement and logistics.
DRC ERP System:
- Ensure ERP functionality is properly rolled out and used by relevant staff
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve overall performance
- Act as heavy user for most of the Projects & Finance functionalities.