Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, a reputable Beverage company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Research & Development
Location: Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Title: Full-time
- Responsible for the R&D functional deliveries starting from product concept development & proposal, preparing prototype sample, laboratory testing, and final approval to invest in the developed product.
- Assess the requirements for new products based on the market needs in cooperation with Sales & Marketing department & MD
- Lead NPI Process to improve on product range and keeping the product range up to date with the new trends market and phase out obsolete products.
- Coordinate with concerned departments to update the product range with the developed product, e.g. Sales to promote the product, Manufacturing for process Design, Commercials for specifications & sourcing suppliers etc.
- Perform complete review, verification, and validation for new products to ensure conformity to requirement and fitness for use.
- Conduct product development trails, market studies, stability studies.
- Lead Technology transfer process
- Specifications & test methods development for RM / PM / FG & Support utilities in collaboration with concerned departments & Vendors
- Responsible for compliance to local regulatory requirements related to product registration / certification.
- Submit periodical reports to management showing the status of R&D progress.
- Oversee all activities of laboratory testing, maintaining proper link and coordination between R&D, product design and testing activities.
- Oversee the design review, verification and validation for the new products, to ensure conformity to specifications and fitness for use.
- Oversee the evaluation of new components in accordance with design specification in coordination with Purchase and Quality Assurance Departments.
- Establish product design reviews with the aim of simplifying the manufacturing operations, reducing manufacturing cost and possibility of product standardization.
- To evaluate consumer feedback and drive improvements in product.