Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Job Title: Health and Nutrition Assistant
Location: Damaturu / Gujba, Yobe
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Health and Nutrition Officer
Slot: 3 Openings
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Undertake nutrition interventions at the LGA level under the direction of the Health and Nutrition Officer:
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and training during community led Nutrition activities;
- Work closely with community resource structures ( CGVs, Traditional and Religious leaders) to follow up on the implementation of Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities
- Support in the implementation of capacity building training for the target beneficiaries in the community.
- Directly implement in the field activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the Nutrition Officer.
- Implement a detailed work plan in collaboration with the ACF Nutrition team in Yobe at LGA / ward level activities in collaboration with Nutrition Officer, which includes among others delivery and follow-up of training.
Objective 2 - Collect information and data on nutrition at the LGA level through screenings, surveys, and assessments:
- Collect information to ensure effective surveillance of the nutritional situation in the area of intervention.
- Collect the required information in the field to support an understanding of the evolution of the context.
- Support the M&E team in data collection for screening or other nutrition-related assessments.
- Support the preparation of documentation required for the implementation of field activities
Objective 3 - Mobilization and awareness-raising about the organization, program objectives, and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the Organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level):
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilization strategies.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about IYCF and specifically rolling out the care group model with support from Community Volunteers (CGVs), traditional and religious leaders plus other key stakeholders at LGA level.
- Coordinate all activities very closely and in collaboration with LGA nutrition focal persons, the HF in charge and PHC coordinator plus other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate good working relationships between CGVs, HF in charges, LGA staff plus local & religious leader’s government and target beneficiaries.
Internal & External Relationship
- Health and Nutrition Program Manager: Technical hierarchical relationship- exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- Health and Nutrition Officer: Technical hierarchical relationship- exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- Other technical teams: Exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- Local governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on the choice of technical options