Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) is a health systems and public health consulting firm providing technical assistance for health systems reforms towards universal access to cost-effective and quality health care across Nigeria and the continent of Africa. HSCL has offices in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Zambia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Financing Technical Advisor
Reports to: The Associate Director - Health Financing, Abuja
About the Project
- HSCL is a member of the consortium that will be implementing a Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) funded Demand Side Financing (DSF) Project in Kaduna and Niger States of Nigeria
- The 3-year DSF Project will provide technical assistance and capacity building services to the iwo states for the design and implementation of DSF scheme(s) to improve access to quality Primary Health Care (PHC) services.
- The Health Financing Technical Advisor will be responsible for a range of tasks that include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide technical advisory support to the states' contributory health scheme agencies, healthcare financing Technical Working Groups (TWGs) and other necessary stakeholder platforms
- Providing technical support to the government and partners on various aspects of health financing schemes, including technical presentations at TWG meetings, review of facilitation materials, and quality assurance of policy proposals developed by the team members
- Support Kaduna and Niger states as well as the federal government counterparts in the design and implementation of health financing schemes, with a focus on strategic purchasing, sustainable financing and efficient administration mechanisms
- Provide ongoing mentoring and capacity-building through small group technical seminars, periodic training activities and other approaches - on strategic purchasing and other health financing components to state stakeholders and consortium staff as needed.
- Work with the consortium at all levels on all technical aspects of the scheme
- Provide technical advice during health financing policy dialogue with government and non-governmental stakeholders to reinforce the role of demand side financing and strategic purchasing in overall health financing policy framework, design and implementation of state health insurance schemes
- Analytical support to enrollment, claims, and utilization data analysis for PHC services
- Synthesize global and Nigerian evidence regarding health systems and financing reforms and translate into actionable recommendations and evidence briefs
- Provide expert technical guidance for commissioned research and analysis to inform scheme design and implementation, including synthesizing and interpreting existing analyses for the TWG, guidance to formulate research questions for new analyses, quality oversight of research methods and analysis, support to drafting final research reports
- Draft progress summaries, policy briefs, and technical reports as requested
- Communicating results orally and in writing to a variety of policy audiences
- Act as the analytical expert at development partners and government counterpart meetings taking place in the states, and in Abuja, as requested.