The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Job Title: Health Program Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Course of Study: public health
Required Grade: Any
- The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is organized into four Business groups in Geneva and five Business Groups in the field, namely the Regional Offices for Africa, Americas, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The Africa Regional Business Group is organized through cluster offices covering the National Societies in Eastern Africa, Southern Africa, West Coast, Sahel and Central Africa as well as country offices in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Republic of South Sudan, Chad, Niger, Nigeria, and Somalia. The IFRC, in its commitment to build strong National Societies (NS) and to support scaling up of National Societies’ services to the most vulnerable populations, is established in Nigeria since 2013. The NS/IFRC carried out several needs and capacity assessment in the last months. As a result of the deteriorating situation, an Emergency Plan of Action (EPOA) was done. This EPoA would target a total more than 300.000 people most in need of urgent assistance, specially IDPs and returnees in the NE States of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe to be assisted with food, water, sanitation and hygiene, education, resilience building, community health services (primary health), psychosocial support (PSS), livelihoods as well as cash transfers. This plan of action is expected to be implemented until the end of 2018. The IFRC EPoA to support the Nigerian RC, is part of One International Appeal, issued by ICRC.
Reporting to the Health Delegate, the Health programmes assistant will:
- Provide administrative support in the timely and smooth implementation of the tasks and responsibilities linked to the health plan and priorities.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and technical support to the health team and to all the programmes.
- Assist to support the operational team in the translation and dissemination of their needs within the communities.
- Assist in the follow up of the management of programme implementation in the operational area
- Assist in close collaboration with the National Societies to ensure close and appropriate linkages between the health team and the branches;
- Provide the data management services for the operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for providing professional administrative expertise and support.
- Support the health team in the organization of meetings internally or externally: Planning and events, issuing and preparing invitations and requests for meetings.
- Collect, compiles, tracks and anticipates the necessary documentation and files containing briefings and information for meetings, events and mission travel and ensures the required clearances.
- Attend meetings and prepares meeting notes, meeting reports (syntheses, summaries, agreements and action points for follow-up), upon request identify meeting content.
- Keep the various operational file holders informed of requests and upcoming commitments and deadlines.
- Perform other administration duties as assigned by the health team at the field level.
- Conduct research on various ad hoc projects.
- Support to the program activities during the assessments to be carried out.
- Supports the team in the daily program activities and provide assistance to compile any financial report.
- Provide support in drafting, editing and preparing presentations, correspondence and other communications when required.
- Support knowledge management systems and file.
- Maintain a central filing system for the operational team coordinate with archives and records ensuring all key documents are accessible and appropriately archived for all health-related programmes.
- Manage the health team office inventory stocks and archives in collaboration with the Logistics delegate
- In close collaboration with the health team, develop and maintain up-to-date mailing lists, contact lists for internal and external stakeholders for health-related matters.