United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Specialist (Health Systems Strengthening), P4
Job Number: 529173
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
For every child, Health
- In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a complex humanitarian and development setting to fulfill and protect children's rights. UNICEF Nigeria is one of the largest UNICEF Country Offices globally. In partnership with government, civil society, children and families, Click here to learn more about UNICEF in Nigeria: https://www.unicef.org/nigeria
How can you make a difference?
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Health and HIV, provide technical support to the health systems strengthening component of the health and HIV program with a focus on using data for action and results.
The Specialist will carry out the following activities related to the health systems strengthening component of the health and HIV portfolio in Nigeria:
- Work closely with the FMOH, NPHCDA, NACA and partners at federal and State levels towards improving systems for quality delivery of PHC programs with a focus on strengthening data and monitoring systems;
- Participate and provide technical expertise in related health systems strengthening forums and committees at federal level including health financing forums bringing in the use of data;
- Participate and provide technical expertise for assessing progress in MNCAH in ongoing and upcoming surveys and studies representing the health and HIV program;
- Support the ongoing work of a data architecture framework for the health and HIV portfolio towards streamlining link to results for women and children including bringing in difference data source and quantitative and qualitative data;
- Member of the data groups at FMOH, NPHCDA, NACA and providing oversight support to data groups at subnational levels for tracking results for MNCAH;
- Working closely with the health and HIV team provide high quality technical expertise bringing in up to date global evidence towards informing policy and programming for maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health;
- Provide conceptual inputs and support finalization of systems towards synergizing data for MNCAH linking qualitative data (like death audits, supervisory data) with quantitative data (coverage, quality);
- Provide information to the health and HIV program for informed decision making including supporting tracking results across the program for key indicators at federal and sub national levels;
- Actively monitor results and support capacity building of the health team and key stakeholders towards using data for action and results;
- Support development of policy and program briefs, documentation of the work done including linking with academia and professional organizations and partners;
- Other activities and support towards health systems strengthening activities as needed.