Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Coordinator - Nigeria IHP
Project Overview and Role
- The Health System Coordinators shall be based at strategically located Local Government Health Authorities (LGHAs).
- The IHP Health System Strengthening (HSS) coordinators will be responsible for providing technical assistance and capacity building across the building blocks of the health system and enhance the utilization of data for decision-making and apply adaptive management at the LGHA (6-7), PHC and community to continually strengthen accountability, systems and services for reduced child and maternal morbidity and mortality.
- Facilitate and support LGHA officials to adopt and effectively implement state-wide policies including, but not limited to, Primary Health Care Under One Roof (PHCUOR), PHC revitalization, Integrated Supportive Supervision, and integrated RMNCH+N and malaria
- Build capacity of LGHAs to strengthen Facility Management Committees (FMC), Quality Improvement Teams and Ward Development Committees (WDCs) to fulfill their functions and work with health providers to improve integrated primary health care
- Provide guidance to LGHA’s to enhance HRH availability and performance of integrated primary health care through appropriate training, mentoring and integrated supportive supervision to facility (PHC) and community-based structures (WDCs/VDCs and community-based health workers/volunteers)
- Support the implementation of strategic plans for Human Resources for Health at the LGHA and PHC levels that are based on evidence and are designed to support improvements in RMNCH+N and malaria
- Provide technical leadership to and build capacity of LGHA officials to use available data and information to make strategic decisions for planning, budgeting and supervising systems for health financing, health workforce, service delivery, supply chain, governance and accountability
- Works with LGHAs to strengthen institutional and financial capacity for quality PHC service delivery, incorporating new and innovative approaches as appropriate for FMCs and WDCs
- Participate in catchment LGHAs’ planning meetings, to provide guidance and adapt/target IHP technical assistance plans, as necessary to address needs
- Conduct regular internal review and analysis of program and quality improvement data for catchment LGHAs to determine progress towards goals and gaps and develop plans for technical assistance to address gaps
- Provide support to LGHA and facility officials to explore opportunities to collaborate with the private sector to improve RMNCH health outcomes
- Coordinate scheduling of program-wide technical assistance activities for catchment LGHAs
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep state management team informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor which contribute to the achievement of program goals
- Reports to the Kebbi IHP Governance and Leadership advisor