Onstream Group - With over 35 years of international experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and Industrial markets, The Onstream Group has strategically aligned itself with its business partners & affiliates to provide cost-effective and operational efficient solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Heating System and Flexible Engineer
He will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and approving all relevant Engineering documents pertaining to the heating system equipment/components (ETH-PIP or DEH-Wet insulation), which typically include:
- All subsea components – such as electrical heating wires/power cables (dynamic riser and piggy-back), subsea wet mate electrical connectors (including double barrier types), inline electrical splices and subsea junction boxes (electrical and optical), end terminations/connectors, cable catenary management systems (Bend Stiffeners, Bend Restrictors, buoyancies, etc.), cable anchor clamps, friction clamps, U-bends, Anode banks (Current transfer zones), and verification of dynamic analysis, etc.
- Topsides components - such as riser cable hang-off and topside junction boxes etc., I-tube cable cooling system; and interfaces with existing EGINA topsides equipment.
- Participating the Qualification activities pertaining to the various components of the electrical heating system, involving:
- Review of Contractor’s existing qualification dossiers as well as new dossiers specifically generated for PREOWEI functional requirements and environment.
- Following up on PROQUAL program (TOTAL’s internal system for new technology qualification and possible implementation) for the electrical heating technologies (ETH-PIP and DEH-Wet insulation) and follow-up the implementation of the attendant R&D/Qualification Plan, with Contractor alliances and Company HQ Specialists – Workshops, Equipment Qualification/Systems Testing etc.
- Internal liaison/coordination with various disciplines (Flowlines, Umbilicals, SPS, Electrical, Topsides) to ensure that internal interfaces and technical requirements are adequately incorporated into the definition of Heating System Equipment Qualification Plan/testing requirements.
- Reviewing the schedule for the proposed heating system Qualification and Systems Testing programmes,ensuring coherency with the overall Project execution schedule, and liaising closely with Management in this regard.
- Liaison with Company HQ specialists to ensure conformance of proposed programmes with Company requirements or for approval when derogation is required.
- Reporting to Management any issues and propose ways of resolution or improvement.
- Assisting in incorporation of attendant electrical heating system Qualification plan and Risk Management Plan into the EPCI dossiers, in view of proper implementation/management during the EPCI phase.
- Reviewing and approving all relevant engineering documents pertaining to the flexible pipes and associated equipment/components, such as cross section, end fittings, materials, bend restrictors, crossings, ancillaries, buoyancies, etc.
- Assisting in resolution of interface issues as necessary, relating to the heating system and flexible design, with due consideration for fabrication, installation, hook-up, pre-commissioning, commissioning etc.
- Assisting in analysis of Contractor technical queries and preparation of comments and proposed answers to these queries
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with Contract requirements, Project Specifications and Schedule during the CCFT FEED and EPCI phases.
- Assisting as necessary, concerning the overall heating system and flexibles, in the preparation of the technical aspects of the EPCI Contract.
- Ensuring that Engineering activities are performed in line with TOTAL general specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
- Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design.
- Liaising with other Team engineers (SURF, SPS and Topsides) to ensure technical consistency of all interfacing systems constituting the PREOWEI development as well as the existing EGINA facilities.
- Manage technical assistance from TOTAL HQ Specialists when required and for approvals of derogations.
- Ensure that relevant industry feedback/REX from previous Projects are considered in the design performance.
- Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, and Project Technical Reviews etc.)
- Other tasks as assigned by hierarchy.
- To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies will be reviewed/updated and that final design will comply with ALARP policy.
- To ensure that design will comply with all HSE requirements and that Safety and Environment dossiers will be provided to National Authorities in due time.
- To demonstrate leadership for implementation of Company requirements on technological risks management.
- To ensure that all recommendations from safety studies and technical reviews are fully addressed in the design.
- To ensure necessary resources are available for preparation of information needed to issue safety and environmental dossiers.