Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Job Title: Household Economic Strengthening / Food Security Specialist
Job Reference Code: HESFSS3920
Department: Programs / ICHSSAA PHI
Position Band: 7
Reports to: Household Economic Strengthening / Food Security Advisor
- The USAID / Nigeria funded Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) is to ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- CRS is a member of the consortium with Pro-Health International (PHI) and will be providing technical assistance to the ICHSSA project of PHI in both Adamawa and Bauchi State. CRS urgently require the service of skilled, competent, and seasoned specialist in the field of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) program who understands the recent development in PEPFAR programming for Children and households susceptible to HIV.
- The ICHSSA project seeks to improve the wellbeing of OVCs and their caregivers in both Adamawa and Bauchi.
- The Household Economic Strengthening Technical Specialist will provide technical assistance and accompaniment to CRS-PHI ICHSSA Project in both Adamawa and Benue State.
- Support ICHSSA Project to develop / enhance and implement a holistic HES strategy, appropriate to the local context that allows PHI to strengthen the capacity of their partner CSOs to provide high quality HES services to enrolled beneficiaries.
- Support the CSO partners to provide HES interventions that is aligned with household economic vulnerability status and designed to improve household resilience to shocks, reduce food insecurity (access and availability) and facilitate household graduation from the ICHSSA program.
- Work under the supervision of the ICHSSA Deputy Chief of Party.
- Support CSO partners to develop and implement capacity strengthening plans informed by a HES technical capacity assessment
- Support tailored capacity building and mentorship to CSO partners HES Officers based on assessed capacity
- Collaborate with the Agriculture Institute to strengthen farm-based livelihoods and improve food access and availability among the households enrolled on the ICHSSA Project
- Collaborate with Case Management / Linkages Technical Team to ensure household care plans incorporate economic and food security considerations and promote graduation.
- Conduct joint monitoring and supportive supervision visits with other member of the ICHSSA technical team to CSO to support high quality HES intervention implementation and ensure household care plan are promotive of graduation.
- Provide capacity building and mentorship to CSO partners with a focus on implementation and management of community-based savings groups, OVCoptimized financial education, market assessment and opportunity identification, value addition along identified value-chains based, entrepreneurship, and microenterprise management based on assessed IP capacity.
- Lead trainings of trainers / trainings in prioritized areas of HES and food security in collaboration with the HES Team.
- Conduct joint supportive supervision with other member of the ICHSSA to CSO Partners to ensure adherence to guidelines and maintain program quality standards.
- For household not yet ready to graduate, support CSO partner to transition households to other programs, especially emerging government social protection initiatives.
- Identify promising practices in HES and food security to document and share across CSO partners.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including success stories, promising practices, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.