United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Reference #: HRBPLAG001
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Human Resources
As a HR Business Partner, you are expected to perform the under listed functions and any other duties assigned to you by the Group Head, Human Resources:
- Partner with Business Heads and support the achievement of business outcomes and initiatives by recruiting and developing talented professionals, growing performance capability, providing best practices in talent management and contributing to high levels of employee engagement.
- Conduct organization reviews and develop manpower and resourcing plans in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives
- Co-ordinate and participate in the recruitment and selection process to fill vacancies in the business units
- Serve as the internal consultant to the business units on people-related issues
- Counsel and support staff on HR policies, processes and practice whilst ensuring speedy resolution of complaints and conflict
- Drive change management programs and effective culture changes required for business success
- Anchor implementation of succession planning, career development and other interventions
- Ensure accurate and timely update of staff records and reporting