Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: HR Consultant
Reporting: Senior Country Operations Manager
Job Type: Short Term
Job Duration: 3 Months
- The Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing effective HR policies, procedures, and people-friendly guidelines and support within CIVIC Nigeria.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Talent Acquisition & development;
- Employee engagement coordination; countrywide training & learning management;
- Compensation & benefits administration; countrywide performance management oversight;
- Disciplinary & grievance handling; staff data management;
- Staff disengagement management and 3rd party service provision management (HMO, Group Life, etc)
- Participate in the development, planning, and implementation of recruiting activities designed to enhance CIVIC Nigeria ability to attract and retain qualified candidates.
- Develop strategic relationships with strategic hiring sources (e.g. colleges, universities, networks, associations), ensuring awareness of CIVIC Nigeria as a destination employer
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport
- Effect all required recruitment activities in line with the set recruitment process and applicable staffing plans
- Run the full post recruitment activities for all CIVIC’s hires
- Run onboarding activities for CIVIC’s national staff and expatriate hires
- Recommend strategic and creative sourcing strategies that support CIVIC Nigeria mission and human resource goals and objectives
- Work closely with hiring managers to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications and skills
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Screen and refer external and internal candidates for additional interviews with others in the organization
- Review applications/resumes and interview candidates to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, salary requirements and to provide information about the organization and position
- Participate with managers in interviews, clarifying employment policy and procedures
- Perform reference and background checks for new hires and discuss results with hiring managers
- Prepare documentation including remuneration package attached to offers for new hires in accordance with CIVIC recruitment process flow
- Assist with the development and presentation of talent acquisition procedures for field and headquarters staff at regional meetings, orientations and training functions
- Enter and maintain recruitment information on Comeet.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, Agency policies and the professional standards
- Translate departmental work plan and countrywide annual HR plan into specific activities to be carried out within region of the cover
- Follow CIVIC Policies and Procedures for Human Resources as stipulated in the Staff Handbook including the recruitment policy and other guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/pay rises and salary information.
- Carry out other tasks as needed to fulfil responsibilities.