Halogen Security Company Limited - Our client, a Construction company located in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
Duties / Responsibilities
- To reduce the degree and the number of accidents and/ or incidents on deployed sites through but not limited to activities such as: daily site talks, strict monitoring of casual workers and other company staff in compliance with the safety policy/manual.
- To formulate and implement policies, procedures and programs on construction safety that must comply with all work safety regulations both locally and internationally.
- To enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- To develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- To evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- To conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters including accident prevention.
- To monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- To inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- To investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes.
- To recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- To frequently visit construction sites to ensure implementation of the correct safety policies and procedures.
- To represent the company in meetings with Government bodies and other agencies on matters regarding workplace health and safety, liaising with these agencies for regular updates on legal regulations and program initiatives on workplace safety and environmental issues.
- To ensure necessary steps and documentation are carried out if there is a workplace injury at a construction site.
- To ensure that work statements are prepared for every work that is to be done on site, ensuring that the work statements are fully complied to.
- To conduct/ develop risk assessment documents based on each work statement and enforce preventive measures.
- To prepare accurate and timely consolidated weekly HSE report to management.