Geometrics Synergy Services Limited (GSSL) is an indigenous petroleum products sales and marketing company with offices in Lagos, Abuja, Yola, and Maiduguri. In view of its recent strategic direction to broaden its scope of operations, GSSL invites applicants who are interested in joining us in our mission to becoming the undisputed leader in the downstream oil and gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
- Enforce compliance with the company’s HSE policy, guidelines and standards.
- Carry out risk assessments and recommending how to reduce risk in the workplace.
- Report and investigate accidents/ incidents and near miss incidents and recommending corrective action plans.
- Prepare periodic HSE reports, recording and analyse HSE data and statistics related to HSE performance.
- Schedule regular HSE meetings, trainings and induction on safety policies and practices, accident prevention techniques and accident reporting for employees, visitors and contractors.
- Inspect assets and facilities in the organization to detect existing or potential accidents and health hazards.
- Ensure required PPEs are in stock and issued to employees accordingly.
- Maintain and ensure effective documentation and record management.
- Identify all unsafe practices and conditions at all work locations and make recommendations where applicable.
- Document all non-conformity arising from audits, facility inspections, HSE meetings, drills etc. and monitor close out.
- Inspect and service all firefighting, safety and emergency response equipment within the company.
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintain records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements.
- Implement emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
- Keep custody of the First Aid Kit and ensure efficient utilization.
- Perform any other assigned responsibility