Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- The HSE officer will be responsible for ensuring Construction workers are following established policies and safety regulations. He will be responsible for creating safer construction sites.
- HSE officer will be responsible for development, implementation, and enforcement of policies that reduce the risk of accidents.
- The safety officer is also responsible for keeping policies up to date, meeting the latest standards, and establishing new ones from time to time as more and newer risks are discovered.
- The HSE officer will also be tasked with keeping policies up to date, meeting the latest standards, and establishing new ones from time to time.
- He(s) is in charge of site inspections and hazards identification as well as establishing procedures and policies to overcome those hazardous situations.
- Inspection of broken equipment, defective tools, and other potential hazards.
- Determine type of personal protective equipment (PPE) is needed and ensure workers are trained how to operate and use tools and equipment.
- Conduct safety investigations.
- Provide frequent safety trainings to all site workers and general construction team.
- Perform emergency response drills
- Coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Arrange for OSHA-mandated testing and/or evaluations