Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako, Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey. Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives. Working with the private and public sectors, SFH adopts social marketing and behaviour change communication to improve access to essential health information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy behaviours.
Job Title: Human Resource / Operations Consultant
Ref Id: sfh-57036
Department: Human Resources
Contract Duration: 4 Months (with option for renewal)
- The human resource/operations consultant will develop and administer all human resource initiatives and provide operational support to the project.
- S/He will develop and implement various systems and maintain positive relationships with consortium partners, stakeholders, and internal staff.
- S/He will prepare and review HR budgets and ensure HR initiatives are cost-effective while implementing HR policies and maintaining internal HR systems.
- The Consultant will oversee operational activities and ensure operations are carried out in an appropriate cost-effective manner and are cost-effective.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Develop human resources model specific to the organisation.
- Advise management on the administration of human resources and administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Helping the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations to Management Team for improvement of organisation’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Oversee and manage a performance management system that drives high performance.
- Manage the talent acquisition, interview and selection processes and conduct due diligence checks as required
- Review and update HR and project standard operating procedures and policies to nurture a positive working environment.
- Compensation and compliance management.