Human Capital Partners (HCP) is a professional services firm specialising in the provision of professional services covering the entire spectrum of the Human Resources function. HCP is the successor firm of the erstwhile Executive Selection and Training Services group of KPMG in Nigeria. The Group existed as the Executive Selection unit within Arthur Andersen Nigeria and in 2002, became KPMG Nigeria’s Executive Selection & Training Services Group. The practice was established as an independent entity in July 2011. Human Capital Partners is a member of the International People Services Network, a network of independent but collaborating ex-KPMG firms operating globally and is registered with the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, The Nigerian Institute of Training and Development, and the Centre for Management Development (CMD) Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- Our client, a leading furniture manufacturer in Nigeria is looking to hire an experienced HR Manager for the business. The role holder will be responsible for all generalist HR activities, specifically reviewing and advising on HR policies and processes across the business, coordinating human resources administrative functions and providing support in delivering strategic Human Resources initiatives.
- Provide support and participate with managers in the recruitment of new staff.
- Plan, co-ordinate Internship work experience placements, ensuring that these meet the needs of the organizations as well as those of the student.
- Develop strategies on staff motivation and retention
- Ensure that the Performance management/appraisal tool is measurable and objective and conducted fairly.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects and effectiveness of staff training and development
- Make recommendations on a cost-effective management development programme to support the companyТs people management strategy.
- Develop succession planning strategy necessary for continuity of every role in the company.
- Responsible for cascading the departmental objectives into task for the associates and also conducting appraisals when appropriate.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Review and Ensures that the company policy is updated adequately.
- Ensures that all staff has a good understanding of the company policy and HR procedures.
- Implement and maintain HR procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organization.
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the Company policies, best practice and employment legislation
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance e.g. Nigeria Labour Law, International Labour Organization (ILO).