One Acre Fund is a non-profit social enterprise that supplies financing and training to help smallholders grow their way out of hunger and build lasting pathways to prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Locations: Abuja and Minna, Niger
Job Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: 1st October, 2019
- As the Human Resources Specialist, you will report to the Pilot Manager. You will establish the groundwork for the growth, sustainability, and professional development of our team as it grows. You will set up essential human resources policies, oversee staff payroll and benefits, and support the program's recruiting and onboarding.
- HR Policies, Payroll & Benefits: As a pilot for a global organization, the team in Nigeria has made due with the minimal context-specific HR policies. One of your main roles will be to integrate Nigeria's context with global processes to professional the standards and support of our team!
- Staff Development: Once you have familiarized yourself with how One Acre Fund invests in its team- from mentorship, to bi-annual reviews, to development plans, to hard & soft skills development- you will ensure managers and staff meet the minimum requirements while maximizing development opportunities.
- Onboarding: The faster new team members become comfortable with their surroundings, the sooner they can turn their attention to making an impact in the lives of our clients. You will oversee and improve on the reception and onboarding process, building new staffs' experience from accepting the role until their first biannual review
- Hiring: As a pilot, our staffing needs right now are small. But by 2021, we may need to double or even triple our team! Between now and then, you can establish great hiring processes to ensure the program can meet those targets. You will inform current hiring processes and test approaches to hire better, faster.
- Recruitment: As One Acre Fund is relatively new in Nigeria, you will build recruitment nodes, networks, and policies to support current recruitment efforts, while laying the foundations for accelerated growth in the coming years. You will manage relationships with the global recruitment team & recruiting firms to short-list top candidates, while working with pilot leadership to determine staffing strategies 2020+.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You'll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months. You will help shape the growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.