Location: Damboa, Borno
- The ICT assistant works under the responsibility of the Admin/Base Logistician.
- He support the Admin/Base logistician to maintain IT equipment and communication
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1: IT
Provide design, deployment and maintenance of MdM IT Infrastructure:
- Assist in supervision of the execution of various projects with an IT dimension
- Assist the Log Base in Design and Plan the implementation of each task, included the budget-related aspects, with the Heads of the affected Departments
- Be at the disposal of the Log base for any other tasks they deem necessary · Fulfil the following tasks (some of them being covered in the IT SOP):
- Provide new starters with IT equipment set up to their needs
- Manage the networks across all sites
- Manage network prioritization due to limited bandwidth
- Develop and put in place sound back-up systems
- Establish and enforce various IT policies (setting up e-mails, use of internet, accounts deletion, etc)
- Provide resolution to IT issues (repairs and maintenance)
Objective 2. Radio Communication
- Assure the VHF radio stand-by according to the planning, procedures and logistician instructions
- Monitor the MDM frequencies and clear them from none authorized users
- Fill the radio logbook (Location, date and hour of important messages or events)
- Stay close to the radio during his/her working time (to be able to hear all radio calls).
- Facilitate the communication between the bases and the employees
- Transmit messages between bases
- Relay messages from bases or vehicles when the signal is low
- Take messages and transmit them to the appropriate or intended person
- Control the radio equipment installation and maintenance
- Check that the batteries are charged.
- Check that the connections are tightened
- Check that the radio equipment are kept in good condition and clean them every day
- Update the call-signs and all important documents concerning the radio communication in collaboration with the deputy log base;
Assure the radio contacts:
- Make contact with bases and vehicles on the field as soon as possible in the morning (at 8h00 with the drivers) and every day.
- Make contact with the vehicles and other bases according to the procedures or instructions given by the Logistician
- Conduct the 16h00 radio contact (Situation, location of vehicles) and refer to the deputy Log base for eventual messages to send or receive from other bases
- Tracking the vehicles that are on the field
- Monitor the movements of vehicles when they are outside of base
- Track the movements between bases and contact at predefined points or time
- Any other task might be asked by the line manager according to the department workload.