OutsideIn HR Limited - On behalf of our prestigious client, a leading International school located in the commercial nerve centre of the North - Kano.
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate for the next academic year to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT/Computer Teacher (JSS/SSS)
Start date: 5th September, 2019
Reporting to: H.O.D. Social Sciences - V.P. Academics - Principal
- Do you want the opportunity to deliver a fun, interactive and creative curriculum? This role is to start very soon so if this sounds like the job for you, please don't delay in applying!
- We are recruiting for the role of a highly qualified ICT and Computer Studies for the next academic year.
- This is a fabulous opportunity for a multi-dimensional teacher who is looking to join an optimal team. The school is very inclusive filled with a vision to instil in students: sense of discipline, self-confidence, strong academic foundation, healthy competition, family & moral values, compassion & love for all fellow humans.
Summary of Role
- To deliver outstanding teaching of ICT and Computer Studies and to Junior and Senior Secondary School students
- To ensure effective student learning in and enthusiasm for the subject
- To guide students to attain excellent cumulative assessment results across varied assessment formats
- Plan, resource and deliver imaginative, PRACTICAL and inspiring lessons from an integrated IGCSE and WASSCE curriculum
- Keep regularly up to date with current affairs and latest developments related to ICT to connect topics of instruction to real life
- Regularly undertake professional development activities towards improvement of teaching technique and classroom management
- Ensure that all students make excellent progress and attain demonstrable skills in real world ICT applications
- Differentiate lessons as required to build confidence in every student, regardless of learning ability
- Use regular and varied assessments to monitor progress and set targets
- Respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring to differentiate intervention
- Ensure all streams of a class are given equal topic coverage and forms of assessment
- Maintain regular and productive communication with parents, to report on progress, sanctions and achievements
- Utilise 21st century teaching tools to enhance learning
- Promote sound literacy, numeracy research and presentation skills in all students
- Support all students in the acquisition and development of learning dispositions and positive character traits
- Maintain all records accurately, securely and in a timely manner
- Contribute to the effective working of the Department
- Represent the school at all public events and interschool or international activities
- Be punctual to school, period allocations and all duties assigned
- Perform all additional duties diligently and consistently
- Work respectfully with colleagues, especially the HOD and senior management
- Avoid all conflicts of interest out of school hours
- Abide by teaching codes of ethics and all school policies
- Be a role-model and impact positively on the school