Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Supervisor
Report to: Logistics Coordinator
Report to (functional): Logistics Coordinator/ IT Technical Referent at HQ
Area: Logistics & Supply
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: Six (06)
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Installs, maintains and monitors, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission (capital and projects)
- Supervises, plans and provides network security, supports and trains users, applies security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.)
- Registers, reports and refers unsolved questions,problems and unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
- Trains local IT assistants on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support, as well as the radio operators in order to improve ICT staff capabilities and to improve lead time response
- Together with the Logistics Coordinator, analyses the ICT needs of the mission, draws up a draft of the ICT budget, and designs an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology
- Identifies and implements Information management practices to enhance the mission system's effectiveness and reliability (development, check-up, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.)
- Compares quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- 50% of the time in the the projects: Zamfara, Gwoza, Maiduguri and Pulka
- Monthly reports to Logco registering all the activities, problems, soutions proposed and plans for following month
- Responsible of updating monthly IT material inventory, location, passwords and status
- Responsible of configuring computers and printers according to MSF standards and programmes
- In collaboration with field logs follows the radio set up in the projects: adequate signal of HF and VHF, operational bases, antennas, car equipment and handsets
- Supports fields in drafting the orders of spares and replacements
- Daily Vsat monitoring in projects for internet connectivity.