Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT4D Officer (Nigerian Nationals only)
Job ID: 200000CC
Location: FCT, Abuja
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time.
Required Languages - English
- CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS was a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and Malaria grants. In addition, from 2017, CRS has remained a co-Principal Recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant with the National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP). For the 2018-2020 implementation period, CRS as a co-PR continues to partner with NMEP and provides oversight to 3 sub-recipients viz; Society for Family Health (SFH), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), and Malaria Consortium (MC).
- Specifically, on Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLIN) mass campaigns, CRS has deployed the use of technology (ICT4D) in improving efficiency and accountability in the implementation of LLIN mass campaigns. Under the 2018-2020 GF Malaria grant, ICT4D was deployed at scale (using the Cash and Asset Transfer (CAT) Strategy) for the implementation of LLIN mass campaigns in 4 states in 2018 and 5 states in 2019, and will be deployed for the implementation of LLIN mass campaigns in 3 states in 2020. The implementation of these LLIN mass campaign activities require close collaboration with NMEP, SRs (particularly Society for Family Health) and state level stakeholders. CRS will deploy over 6,000 ICT4D devices using the CAT Strategy and partnering with Red Rose, to revolutionalise the implementation of LLIN mass campaigns in Nigeria.
- S/he will coordinate and deliver various ICT4D related services in accordance with established agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support high-quality mass distribution of LLINs.
- S/he will provide responsive, professional service and technical support to CRS staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT4D devices and monitor databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications.
- Provide field-level technical support to the campaign personnel using the ICT4D devices during the various pre-campaign trainings and LLIN mass campaigns.
- Troubleshoot and address any issues to ensure optimal performance of the databases, networks, servers and devices.
- Configure and maintain applications and user devices of the Red Rose technology.
- Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to agency business data and information.
- In collaboration with relevant staff, maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, both in the office and in the field.
- Provide input to budget for ICT related expenses.
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate delivery of ICT-related services that meet CRS business requirements and needs.
- Support capacity building initiatives, remotely or on-site, to staff, partners and end-users to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
- Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team; Deputy Country Representative; finance staff, country office ICT Team; HQ GKIM team
- External: Red Rose Team, State Ministries of Health(SMOH) staff, National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) staff, Malaria partners, end-users, etc.