Nuru International is seeking experienced and motivated professionals to use their skills to help end extreme poverty forever.
Job Title: Impact and Markets Specialist
Location: Adamawa State, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
- Reports to: Team Leader
- Employment type: Full-time with a competitive compensation package including health benefits, retirement plan, housing in-country, time off, and more
- Term: 2 year contract in a field intensive role
- Start Date: Q2 2020
The Impact and Markets Specialist is a key member of Nuru International’s scaffolding around Nuru Nigeria. The role focuses on capacity building of the Nuru Nigeria Impact team and coordinates the implementation of Nuru’s holistic programming in Nigeria. They work closely with local and international subject matter experts to deploy and implement interventions by, with and through local counterparts to demonstrate their relevance, effectiveness and impact on local communities.
- You will be living in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment in an unstable fragile state – living with the rest of the Field Team in the team compound (spotty electricity with generator support, running water – western toilet and lukewarm shower, spotty internet connectivity, communal living, etc.)
- Living and transportation conditions can be physically challenging and occasionally uncomfortable.
- Security of the team is a priority.
- Mentor, train and collaborate closely with emerging and established program leaders to ensure sustainable and impactful interventions
- Project management and staff management capacity building with counterparts in areas of business planning, micro-finance modeling, small business financial management, agricultural production and other technical areas core to the Nuru impact model
- Plan, adapt and implement impact interventions to meet needs in local Nigerian communities together with local partners through Nuru’s Program Planning Process
- Implement impact interventions through an initial cycle and demonstrate impact
- Achieve these facilities in a way that is sustainable and able to scale up according to Nuru’s quality solutions criteria
- Collaborate effectively with a remote-based team of subject matter experts to navigate what will be an uncertain, complex and trying environment
- Put the needs of farmers and local communities first, and demonstrate this throughout all aspects of navigating work and life in rural Nigeria