Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Incubator Director
Req No: HRD68486
Location: Lagos NGA
Category: Business Management
- Build and develop Honeywell business footprint and growth across the West Africa Region..
- Have a clear insight into market opportunities and prioritize business investment and commercial development.He / she needs to understand the long term competitive environment and define where and how Honeywell will play
- Promote and improve cross-fertilization and portfolio management between the SBG’s. Accelerate Honeywell market penetration and identify alignment and partnership opportunities, notably in the software and digital space.
- Create a strong platform which facilitates growth covering organic growth, M&A, customer relationships and commercialization strategies (e.g. new customers, product development, pricing, etc).
- Build a strong and cohesive leadership team and maintain a high caliber ‘united’ leadership group and Honeywell culture.
- Establish the appropriate organization structure and processes which best align with customer needs.
Area of responsibility
- Create a synergistic and cost effective group platform to support the further growth and development of the four (4) operating business groups. This will include effectively allocating resources within the region to drive growth as well as building group functions such as Finance, MIS, Human Resources, Legal / Tax / Treasury, Advertising / Communications etc.
- Will have geographic (not business unit) P&L responsibility for activities in the region and be accountable for capital utilization.
- One of the key responsibilities of the job will be to formulate together with the SBG’s, the strategic plan for the Region growth and to build a superior Regional business.
- Organize and coordinate all business activities in Region across Honeywell’s businesses and leverage the breadth and depth of the company’s product and solutions portfolio to create a total value proposition to customers and employees.
- As a senior Leader, will drive teamwork initiatives and “best practice” values and vision throughout the organization.He/she must be a strong team builder and leader who is capable of attracting, recruiting and developing local talent.
- Develop, protect, and nurture customer relationships.
- Provide firm overall stewardship of the company’s activities in the region, interacting closely with the functional leaders in EMEA and Emerging Markets, the senior management team at corporate headquarters, and the Heads of the four (4) business groups based in the United States.
- Help articulate and sell strategy across the business in Region and globally, particularly with a view to improving cross-fertilization and portfolio management between the SBGs.
- Identify and coordinate resources within and outside the company needed to support strategic commercial developments.The successful candidate is expected to provide coordination and alignment of cross-business resources to support cross-business growth initiatives.
- Work with other emerging markets to define strategic synergies.
- Serves as a senior statesman and “Ambassador” for Honeywell in the region to advocate and evangelize the overall corporate mission and goals with multiple constituents particularly government and public agencies.He/she is expected to continuously enhance the company’s image and reputation, and improve its marketplace position.In short, build Honeywell’s brand as a supplier and employer of choice.