Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infection, Prevention and Control (IPC) Officer
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Contract Type: National Contract
- DRC is seeking the services of a committed and competent Infection, Prevention and Control (IPC) Officer to join the Borno Team. Interested persons will be reporting to the Team Leader
- The job requires someone who can provide COVID 19 related health advice to communities
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
General Programming & Operations:
- Facilitate formation of community structures in IPC and strengthening of the existing structures such as WASH Committees through training sensitization workshops and other IPC awareness campaigns.
- Design, develop and implement appropriate IPC mobilization strategies for DRC’s IPC projects.
- Develop IPC work plans for multi-funded projects.
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Lead the IPC team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises.
Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External health technical experts on issues related to IPC.
- Represent DRC at IPC meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Ensure integration of IPC activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH, Shelter and Protection counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of IPC sector at all levels.
- Actively participate in an internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in regular sector meetings.
- Supervise IPC field-based casuals’ workers.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the community-based mechanisms in operational areas as needed.
- Conduct daily field visits or as required to ensure IPC tasks are going on as planned and mentoring - through technical backstopping and training of duty bearers.
Logistics / Finance:
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report health partners and DRC rational use of PPEs and other supplies