The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Associate - G6
Requisition #: 87106
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Location: The position is based in Maiduguri but travels to the ETS operational areas (Damaturu, Gwoza, Ngala, Dikwa, Monguno, Bama, Damasak, Banki, Rann and other locations) will be required.
- Supervision received: Under the direct supervision of the ETS Coordinator and functional supervision of the ETS Information Management (IM) Officer.
The ETS Information Management (IM) Associate will serve as an active member of the ETS Team, through deployment to the Humanitarian Response in North-East and will be responsible for:
- Sharing of Operational Information, focused on providing information related to implementing IT operations in a specific context or emergency.
- Monitoring and Reporting, focused on documenting reporting on the performance of the ETS.
- Advocacy, focused on the mobilization of resources and increasing awareness of the ETS in the country.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Accountabilities: Within delegated authority, the ETS Information Management Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Report to the Emergency Telecommunication Sector management team and respond to the humanitarian organisations' needs for information;
- Provide IM services for key decision-making including; data collection, collation, analysis and information dissemination.
- Maintain and continuously update (on a fortnightly or monthly basis) the existing IM products to ensure all are up to date. In particularly:
- The contact directory and mailing list;
- Monthly situation reports summarizing ETS activities in the country, providing inputs to update dashboards as required, factsheets and services brochures.
- Disseminate timely ETS IM products among sector leads, UN Agencies, Government partners and international and national NGOs as well as inter-agency coordination actors like OCHA.
- Maintain and update the ETC website- in close coordination with the Global ETC Support team in Rome and the IT Emergency and Preparedness branch in Dubai;
- Coordinate global and local meetings and teleconferences for the ETS and WFP IT including scheduling of meetings, preparation of talking points and recording and distribution of meeting minutes;
- Proactively gather information from other Sectors/organisations which may be of use to the ET Sector for informing decisions and deployment of services.
- Facilitate and coordinate training, ETS assessments and other activities as part of the overall Emergency preparedness and response measures;
- As appropriate, assist in the design of ETS data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, questions are simple, clear, collectable and easily analysed highlighting where potential problems might arise; organize and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the ETS;
- Liaise with OCHA and IM Focal Points in other sectors – share information for reporting materials as appropriate and identify and gather information from other clusters which can feed into the ETS response and preparedness decisions. This includes attending relevant meetings including local inter-agency IM working groups and represent the ETS when requested;
- Assist in the preparation, writing and editing of reports or operational documentation required by the ETS such as workplan, Concept of Operations (ConOps), project documents, Special Project Report (SPR) and funding appeals, among others;
- Standardize and execute quality control of ETS assessments and activity reports in close collaboration with the Global ETC Support Cell in Rome and the IT Emergency and Preparedness Branch in Dubai;
- Prepare and edit texts on the ETS for news releases, feature articles, briefing notes, backgrounders, Questions & Answers (Q&A) and other materials for use in the media and distribution to the public, non-governmental agencies and donors;
- Monitor relevant ETS shared mailbox and direct requests for information as appropriate;
- Develop and distribute ETS User-Feedback Survey; compilation, analysis and presentation of results;
- Monitor and review regular sources of information and data required for preparation of reports, e.g., information from NGOs, news clippings, surveys, information from field monitors;
- Any other tasks that may be required to achieve the objective of this assignment.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.