Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Job Title: Information Security Architect
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 8 years
Job Field: ICT / Computer
Job ID: 46144
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- To be part of the Information security team, interfacing with projects, technical leads, and other members of the technical architecture team
- To ensure that incoming and existing systems and services meet the best cyber security standards. This will involve setting security requirements and baselines, evaluating design proposals, working with other technical leads (internal and external) to mitigate risk
- Be a point of contact for cyber security advice within the cyber team for stakeholders throughout Stanbic IBTC
- Holds ownership and responsibility for the cyber security area of Stanbic IBTC digital architecture, providing technical leadership for on-going development of digital solutions; works with internal and external stakeholders, assisting projects and programmes by coordinating the cyber security architecture, requirements, design and implementation thereby ensuring consistency and compliance with relevant architectural principles, policies and standards.
- Design, build and document evaluated architectural options for solutions in response to business requirements (including risks, costs, implications, opportunities, etc).
- Acts as a cyber security technical lead in product and vendor selection providing the security evaluation of products, options and responses to tenders.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Participates in investigation, evaluation, selection and documentation of new approaches, methods and technologies, conducting research and providing documented and evaluated architectural options to meet requirements.
- Builds strong relationships and communication channels with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all relevant areas of the business are represented in the design of solutions within the area of responsibility.
- Selects appropriate cyber security design and documentation standards in consultation with internal stakeholders and ensures that the documentation of existing architecture is maintained and accessible to all interested parties.