Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu.WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Officer (ITO)
- The ITO will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to project staff for network, hardware and software issues ranging from basic installation and maintenance of computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, developing and reviewing WEWE IT policy for overall productivity and ensuring that all IT services are effectively delivered for the achievement of WEWE organizational and Donor goals and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and configure hardware and software systems according to company policies.
- Troubleshoot and repair network, hardware and software components.
- Perform routine maintenance and inspection of network and server systems.
- Test network and server systems to verify functionality and performance.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades to achieve optimum performance level.
- Perform root cause analysis of complex problems and provide corrective actions.
- Maintain IT infrastructure and manage help desk issues.
- Perform system back-up and database archiving processes to ensure data recoverability.
- Update software antivirus on regular basis.
- Provide technical support to servers, networks, telephones, and other computing platforms.
- Provide advice and training to other associates.
- Assist in installation and maintenance of telephone system.
- Keep and maintain logs of IT requests and IT services rendered.
- Prepare period reports of IT activities in line with WEWE’s processes and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.