Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Specialist
- We are recruiting an IT Specialist to manage all IT related functions for Hazon Holdings
- The IT Specialist is responsible for ensuring the IT systems in all programmes are functioning. Specifically, this will include:
- Ensure updates/patches on ReadyNAS devices
- Resolve issues in coordination with vendors
- Assist in resolving tier 2 issues with the Egnyte application and coordinating response from Egnyte /NetGear.
- Coordinate with Corporate Networking team to ensure installation and setup of standard equipment
- Periodically audit field office bandwidth utilization
- Facilitate communications with Corporate Networking to resolve issues as they arisen
Personal Computing Devices:
- Develop and operationalize an approach to maintain consistency in software configuration
- Assist field teams in sourcing appropriate equipment
- Develop and operationalize an approach to cataloguing/inventorying field equipment
- Mobile device management and support, issuing smartphones and applications
- Place importance on customer satisfaction.
Coordinate / orchestrate the deployment of software updates to field offices:
- Notify field technology staff/contractors of recommended updates
- Oversight and coordination of field office technology staff
- Assist the Ops Dir in selection of IT service contractors and/or internal IT staff
- Assess performance of field technology contractors
- Direct field technology staff in system installations, equipment selection
- Project Start-up
- Coordinate local staff to ensure that correct equipment is sourced and properly configured
- Assist in designing or review the design developed by contractors of the field office network
- Induction training with follow up training / video training point of contact for future training
- Contribute to IT related proposals
- Help spec equipment and price for proposals
- Research ISP pricing
- Work with the project as point of contact for new work.
Contribute to IT Policy review and formulation:
- Assist the global team in formulating appropriate, practical policies and practices for field project office operations
- Develop and operationalize IT related documentation and manual
- Develop and operationalize approaches to compiling and making easily accessible the policies and practices required to deploy and operate field project IT infrastructure
o Assist with all unit’s IDEV infrastructure tickets including but not limited to:
- Egnyte Permissions
- Resolving issues with ISP
- Virus / Malware Outbreaks
- Use Cherwell to document work performed. Standardising tasks for Enterprise Field ops hand-offs.
- Use Cherwell to build and implement project plans.
- Adhere to all Company’s policies and procedures and uphold the company’s values
- Perform any other duties as may be required.