CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Technical Officer
Location: Yunusari, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Livelihood Manager
Duration: 5 Months
- The Infrastructure Officer will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of Cash for Work, Cash transfers and Food for Assets component of WFP livelihood project in Yobe/Borno states
- She/he will be responsible for managing the infrastructure and community assets construction component effectively and efficiently according to CARE and WFP systems and procedures.
Management of the cash and social infrastructure component according to contractual requirements, operating priorities:
- Develop work plan in collaboration with project team members according to the proposal
- Make sure that specific project components are implemented according to contractual requirements, both in relation to project implementation and financial management
- Conduct periodic assessments to ensure project implementation is happening according to the agreed upon work plans and budgets
- Liaise closely with other agencies working in the same geographic regions and/or sectors to ensure coordination and avoid overlap.
Program quality of the project is ensured during each phase of the project implementation process:
- Conduct regular progress review meetings with field teams and stakeholders to ensure quality is maintained and address any problems
- Prepare BoQ and necessary documents for infrastructure development/ rehabilitation component
- Make sure field teams collect relevant information on outputs, outcomes and impact, in both qualitative and quantitative form, based on reporting formats
Provide technical inputs/ Trainings:
- Provide technical input on construction/ renovation and rehabilitation of social infrastructures under cash component and develop work procedures to the beneficiaries
- Conduct technical trainings to the beneficiaries to implement cash transfer component
- Visit field locations frequently to monitor infrastructure development activities of the beneficiaries
- Provide training on Cash for Work/ Food For Assets process and procedures