The Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies is Nigeria’s apex Institution for research and advanced studies in law. It was a brainchild of the legal academic community established in March 1979.
The Institute Secretary shall be:
- Responsible to the Director General for the day to day administrative work of the institute
- Secretary to the Governing Council and its committees
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Institute
Tenure & Salary
- The tenure of office is for a single term of 5 (Five) years.
- The remuneration of the Institute Secretary shall be a consolidated salary, as applicable in the case of a Registrar of a Nigerien Federal University.