An Interior Design Company located in Lagos is looking for an Interior Architect.
The ideal candidate is required to:
- Create project designs and drawings using sketches and architectural software for presentation
- Be skilled in the use of light, color and textures in a space
- Draft plans to create or refinish spaces in private homes or commercial buildings with clients’ tastes in mind. Each job may require interaction with different clients, additional architects or designers, construction teams and inspectors.
- In creating plans for a space, ability to take into account interior construction, lighting and furnishings is very essential. Must be conversant with the federal, state and local building regulations so the designs are up-to-code.
- Be part of the building or remodeling process from beginning to end.
- At the initial meetings, it is the interior architect’s job to listen to the wants and needs of the client and make building suggestions. Ability to also get a feel for the space is crucial.
- After the initial consultations, the interior architect drafts design plans. These plans may show placement of walls, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical systems, ventilation, structural accents and possibly furnishings. Ability to use computer drafting programs, such as computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and building information modeling (BIM), for this step is essential.
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
- Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements
- Supervise all project stakeholders to ensure clientТs is satisfaction.