Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern - Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The intern will support the Operations team, assisting in the efficient and effective delivery of procurement services and inventory management.
- Creating Request for Quotation (RFQ) templates, sending out the RFQs to vendors/suppliers to get prices
- Searching and engaging new suppliers and qualifying them using GLP approved requirements
- Using price comparison and other qualitative factors such as delivery times and quality to select winning suppliers, to ensure GLP is getting the best price for the best quality goods at the right time.
- Issuing Purchase Orders (PO) for products and services to selected vendors
- Creating and maintaining reports reflecting recurring purchases as well as the prices
- Keeping abreast of changes in the market that could affect the pricing of goods and services. This should be well documented and communicated to internal stakeholders.
- Collecting invoice from vendor after confirming all goods or services have been delivered to meet quality expectations or Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Processing vendor payment with finance