Fadac resources - Our client, a Microfinance Bank which offers comprehensive, affordable, dependable and specialised financial solutions to enterprising and burgeoning small and medium size enterprises in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
- Manage operations of audit department to ensure achievement of set objectives and goals
- Overseeing and ensuring preparation of timely Audit reports to management
- Audit Committee and provide progress reports regarding action taken by management.
- Conduct Audits in accordance with the approved internal audit plan.
- Determining process and procedures are adequate to prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Carrying out constant checks to ensure adherence to internal control policies and procedure on segregation of duties.
- Returns rendition to CBN
- Report on Anti-Money Laundering policy of CBN, NDIC, EFCC, ICPC and other relevant bodies.
- Reviewing and preparing the bank compliance ratios and compare side by side with the regulatory standard ratios to see if the bank is falling short of the standard and give recommendation on the way forward.
- Reviewing of daily call over report.
- Prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Daily review of Bank reconciliation statement and other financials, daily, weekly, and monthly.
- To prepare profit and loss account monthly.
- Income analysis daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Correspondent relationship on behalf of the bank.
- Daily monitoring /Audit spot check of cashier till and vault.
- Carrying field audit exercise on clients to ensure due diligence (KYC) is carried out on customers.
- Create and review business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Daily tracking of loan repayment with audit control template.
- Keep relevant and up to date financial database on audit findings and integrate best practices and systems into the audit programs.
- Check the collaterals to be pledged and advise the bank on whether to accept such pledged collaterals.
- Advise the management and the recovery team the recovery actions to be taken on defaulting account.
- Asset monitoring and maintain verifiable asset register and routine asset scanning.
- Effectively use the credit bureau [credit check]-XDS, CRC to discover customers who are either too exposed [over leveraged] or who have unfavorable credit records.
- Prepayment audits before cheques are issued and released