GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Services Manager
Requisition ID: WD203382
Position: Full time
Functional area: Governance, Ethics and Assurance
Relocation: Not Indicated
- To partner with other audit and compliance groups to lead the continuous improvement to achieve reliable risk management framework.
- For risks that fall within Internal Audit’s universe, to evaluate, advice and report on (a) the processes by which significant risks are managed and (b) the adequacy and effectiveness of systems of internal control with emphasis on financial, commercial and IT processes.
Scope of this Profile:
- Audit Universe: Consumer, Pharmaceuticals & GMS.
- Headcount - Nil
- Evaluate, advice and report on the processes by which significant risks are managed and the adequacy and effectiveness of systems of internal control with emphasis on financial, commercial and compliance processes.
- Manage audit projects and activities Leveraging a risk-based approach, determine audit scope and identify risks and implications; develop audit programs, oversee the conduct of the audit and preparation of audit and supporting documentation using the end to end one audit methodology
- Plan, develop and perform financial, operational and compliance risk-based audits for all areas.
- Track results of prior audits, identify audit themes across organizations and facilitate appropriate corrective action
- Assess and appraise business operations to provide Management with an evaluation of internal controls
- Assess Management’s level of compliance with established policies, procedures and standards, as well as the adequacy of internal controls within business and financial processes and operation
- Perform data analytics procedures and systems back-end validation testing
- Conduct special investigation or reviews at the request of management such as those required to discover mechanics of detected frauds or unusual trend to develop protective and detective controls
- Perform third-party compliance audits and ensure ABAC 3rd party framework implementation for distributors and vendors.
- Manage Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) database across the businesses within GSK.
- Manage external auditors and Independent Business Monitoring (IBM) team.
- Assist management in executing business health, compliance and risk management procedures such as customer stock level review and monitoring.
- Deputize Head of Internal Audit in performing finance compliance activities and other task as may be required from time to time.