At Fadac Resources we provide businesses with human capital solutions that can help improve oral performance while reducing employment practice risk. We can assist organization no matter how large or small to establish , outsource and trouble shoot any human resources functions/ challenges . Our believe is that people are the greatest asset in the organization regardless of the business size, industry and market share. We provide the best professionals backed with solid years of experience and knowledge, and their job is to integrate solutions for your business needs.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Our client is an indigenous Pharmaceuticals & Drug Company. It’s a multi-disciplinary company that was established over 20 years ago as a response to the Governments invitation to private entrepreneurs to establish companies that can compete with their foreign counterparts in the delivery of quality services. Due to expansion, they are in need of an INTERNAL AUDITOR
- To carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the financial, physical, human and information resources are managed.
- To ensure strict adherence to internal policies and procedures, controls, regulations and maintenance of quality service delivery within the company
- Participate and provide input in the articulation and development of the Internal Audit, Compliance & Risk Management departmental strategy.
- Champion the articulation and development of departmental plans, programs and strategies to facilitate the realization of the Internal Audit, Compliance & Risk Management, and organization-wide strategies.
- Demonstrate ownership and communicate the department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff ensuring mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Provide broad guidelines for the articulation of the department’s policies, procedures and guidelines and monitor and ensure compliance by all staff.
- Designs, implements and continuously reviews internal control and audit procedures to cover all functional areas/inter-company relationship and/or transactions/staff audit, etc.
- Establishment and Implementation of a sound internal control systems in line with our operational activities requirements.
- Continually communicates key company controls, policies and approval limits.
- Documents evidence arising from audit and provides internal audit recommendations to the BOD, executive management and management of the operating units for review and approval.
- Conduct thorough and objective examination of financial and non-financial transactions and records.
- Maintain regular updates on trends and advances in global risk management and ensure the knowledge and relevant information is communicated to business managers within and outside the department.
- Oversee the standardization of control processes and practices, as well as application of relevant control tools and techniques within the organization.
- Prepares and presents audit and risk assessment reports identifying weaknesses and suggesting new procedures, controls and policies to the BOD and executive management of the company.
- Serve as key information node for disseminating new and revised operating policies and procedures as well as improvements/changes in control/monitoring tools, techniques and approach.
- Coordinate departmental involvement to identify control implications of process improvement/redesign and systems upgrade/implementation efforts and ensure the adequacy and sufficiency of the controls.
- Ensure overall process compliance with established policies and controls as well as regulatory/statutory stipulations and guidelines.
- Commission/approve the conduct of routine and special investigations ensuring standard procedures are adhered to.
- Review audit reports and work papers ensuring professional standards are not compromised and that conclusions and recommendations are adequately supported.
- Ensure the timely resolution of investigated items, audit/review points and other key exceptional issues/matters.
- Foster and maintain business relationships with relevant institutions and ensure the business is abreast of and in compliance with regulatory changes impacting its operations.
- Manage the interface between the department and other divisions/functions in the organization to ensure smooth functioning of the department.
- Initiate periodic meetings and liaise with interfacing departments to define, appraise or revise service levels.
- Advise the organization, BOD, on good governance and best practices in business risk management.
- Provide input and be proactively involved in the development of the business continuity plan.
- Coordinate and oversee the development of the departmental budget and contribute actively to the preparation of the organisation’s budget.
- Monitor actual activity and performance levels against the agreed budget and take appropriate corrective action to ensure a cost-justified execution of the departmental activities.
- Review and authorise key expenditures/transactions of the department in line with approved departmental budget and the organisation’s manual of authority.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the unit heads and coordinate activities within the department to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Monitor and oversee the performance of subordinates ensuring compliance with approved performance standards.
- Ensure that daily, weekly or monthly activity status and performance reports for the department are prepared for the attention of the Executive Director and other relevant parties.
- Develop risk management strategies to mitigate identified risks for the entire company operations;
- Conduct orientation of relevant parties on new processes, policies and controls across the entire company.
- Periodically review the department’s policies and procedures and recommend improvement opportunities to the Executive Director.
- Oversee the implementation of policy amendments once relevant approvals have been obtained.