Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs and retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health. We are located in the heart of Nigeria - Abuja, with branches in Lagos, Anambra state and now Niger State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Lagos State
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and carry out financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit. Ensure daily compliance on the internal and financial policies of the facility.
- Do a daily call over on all expenses across all synapse centres allocated to you and ensure that all postings are correctly done
- Takes routine stocks check and verify that records in the bin cards show true representation of stock on ground
- Ensure that costs are not over stated on all expenses.
- Ensure compliance on all regulatory policies.
- Ensure that internal control system is in place so as to control loss, theft and risk in the facility.
- Identifies any internal control gap and measures for its improvement.
- Report to management all risk issues in accordance with auditing standards.
- Flag up any internal control issue.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to Synapse internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within Synapse.
- Provide feedback on Accounting Procedures.