Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our Client, a payment gateway solution provider with it headquarter in Abuja, Nigeria with a desire to scale up its services, is seeking credible and experienced personnel to fill the position below in its Risk and Compliance Management unit:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Reports to: Team Lead - Internal Control Unit
Depart/Unit: Risk and Compliance Management
- Key responsibilities of the unit include identifying and managing internal and external risks, regulatory compliance that pertains to the Fintech Industry, support strategic business decisions that will track financial transactions better, manage performance and control data, compliance, operations and disclosures, etc.
- To conduct evaluations of the organization to assess risk and compliance with regulations
- Evaluating policies and procedures, providing an analysis and recommending mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Research and discern applicable legal and regulatory changes and assess the impact to the existing company policies and procedures.
- Researching and evaluating proposed policy/procedure changes and recommendations to determine appropriateness. Also assessing the impact to the current and future company operations and/or policies and recommend mitigation strategies if gaps are identified.
- Participating in regular risk assessments during each iteration of a policy and procedure review
- Ensure that policies and procedures:
- Are clear and concise
- Accurately reflect current operational guidelines and compliance requirements
- Adhere to style guide standards
- Are appropriately approved
- Are completed and published in a timely manner
- Revising existing policies and procedures as well as develop new policies and procedures.
- Drafting thorough, clear, and logical documentation, providing operational consistency among the company’s stakeholders minimizing company’s exposure to risk.
- Producing written documentation that meets department style standards.
- Delivering on documentations that addresses the full scope of the business request.
- Creating documents in a timely manner to meet established deadlines.
- Following the policy lifecycle process to ensure approval for all policies/procedures prior to publication.
- Liaising with the Compliance, Legal, Audit, and other stakeholders to obtain feedback on policy/procedure development and revisions.
- Facilitating resolution of stakeholder’s differences as necessary
- Reporting on the status of open assignments
- Understanding current business processes and develop a working knowledge to meet business needs.
- Maintaining exceptions, controls, policies, standards, and procedures in the Governance, Risk, and Compliance system.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- Stakeholders (internal and external)
- Government (all tiers of government)
- Regulatory agencies Community