ARM is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer (Reconciliation Desk)
- The officer will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and reliability of transaction data captured within Operations Unit and reconciliation of bank statements to portfolios/funds core applications
- In addition, the officer will device and maintain a system of control sufficient to provide reasonable assurances on relevant company and clients’ related transactions
- The Internal Control unit would cover transactions processed by ARM Investment Managers and ARM Securities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily review of bank statements to identify outstanding transactions and resolution of reconciling items between the bank statements and the portfolios/funds core applications
- Perform daily reconciliation of Mutual funds and ensure timely clearing of all outstanding transactions
- Perform daily reconciliation of Instititional client funds and ensure timely clearing of all outstanding transactions
- Perform monthly reconciliations of ARM and Custodian records, which will include CITI reconciliation, CSCS reconciliation, and any other reconciliation activity assigned to you by your supervisors
- Document and circulate periodic reports to Management, and inputs on identified control gaps and key exceptions with needed process improvement opportunities
- Liaise with process owners to ensure the timely implementation of remedial actions to address identified exceptions
- Escalate instances of persistent instances of persistent control issues to Supervisor
- Perform special investigations when necessary to safeguard firm assets (e.g., fraud)
- Provide monthly internal control input for OPR collation, TAMCO, BARC and any such audience that may be required from time-to-time
- Escalate exceptional or aged items to the portfolio Managers, Treasury, E-payment & settlement, Investment Administration and Fund Account
- Conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Supervisor.