The Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) owns and operates the largest power distribution network in Nigeria. A customer-focused organisation, IKEDC is committed to empowering the lives and businesses of its users through innovation and the efficient distribution of sustainable power.
Job Title: Internal Control Supervisor
Reporting To: Internal Control Manager
- This role will be responsible for carrying out and supervising internal control monitoring and process enforcement in the assigned areas of the company.
- Implement the requirements of the internal control framework, charter, and manual relating to the assigned coverage areas.
- Supervise internal control team members, train them, coordinate their activities, and ensure they fully comply with the internal control manual and process requirements.
- Contribute to the development and regular updating of the internal control manual.
- Contribute to the development of the internal control monitoring and enforcement processes and procedures that guide the operation of the internal control system.
- Routinely confirm compliance with policies, processes, procedures and other controls within the area of coverage and provide exception reports on a regular basis.
- Follow up to ensure that the observed or escalated exceptions are regularized within reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure that deliberate noncompliance with key policies, processes, procedures or other controls is escalated in appropriate format for disciplinary action.
- Through routine reviews, identify process, policy and procedural gaps in the areas of overage and make appropriate recommendations to strengthen the system.
- Carry out special reviews directed by Management within the stipulated timeline.
- Provide regular and appropriate reports to Management on the control monitoring activities in the coverage area.
- Conduct assigned ad hoc investigations into incidents, complaints, and procedural breaches and provide high quality report within the stipulated timeframe.
- Comply with Quality Management System/Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks and any other duties assigned by the Head of Internal Control or the Management.