United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: International Consultant for Developing Education Strategy for North-East Nigeria
Job Number: 527652
Work Type: Consultancy
Duration: 8 weeks from the date of signing of the contract
Purpose of the Consultancy
The purpose of the consultancy is to facilitate Education sector and Government members/partners in:
- Contributing to the development/update of a multiyear (3) Education response strategy and prioritized action plans and ensuring these are adequately reflected in the overall country strategies and appeals with reference to Government Agencies.
- Help sector and partners to collectively focus on key issues, and facilitate a discussion on how to realize better overcomes and designing a roadmap
- Ensuring awareness of relevant policies, guidelines, technical standards and relevant commitments that the Government/concerned authorities have defined; and that sectoral response is in line with them.
- Develop EiE response actions while at the same time considering Education within early recovery as well as prevention and risk reduction concerns in Government plans.
- In coordination with SUBEB review necessary documents for Education context and sector overview (HRP, Technical guidelines, Government policy and guidelines)
- Develop tools for data collection in IDP camps on education needs assessment in Borno state
- Develop curriculum and questionnaire for meetings and workshops as outlined in the agreed workplan
- Draft and present to the Education Sector coordinator the multiyear Education in emergency Strategy for review and input
- In collaboration with the Education Sector coordinator and the SAG, finalize the multi-year Education Sector Strategy
- A situation overview is developed after the review of all Education strategic documents/guidelines (HNO, HRP, 2018 Education Strategy, the annual school census report, other strategic document).
- One analysis report is produced after to conduct a Secondary data review.
- Six IDP camps are visited and data are collected on out of school and education response in and out of the IDP camps.
- One report is produced based on Needs/gaps analysis conducted.
- 3 meetings/Workshop are organized with EiEWG to produce the Macro Log frame, the Budget and the Theory of Change.
- One final draft of the multi-year (2020 – 2023) strategy is produced. This draft includes:
- Situation Overview
- Nigeria Education Sector
- Principles of the Strategy
- Caseload and Prioritization
- Nigeria Education Sector response framework
- Operationalizing the Framework
- Thematic issues
- Presentation/workshop/roundtable discussion on draft strategy
- Final consolidated and endorsed document developed.