Lidya is the future of finance for small businesses in fast-growing economies. Our goal is to help great business owners access financing and build a credit score through an easy and inspiring lending process. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria where over 100,000 businesses have signed up for its service and is backed by Omidyar Network, Accion, Newid Capital, Bamboo Capital and Alitheia Capital. The Company has raised close to $10m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Porto (Portugal) and New York (USA).
Lidya is founded by Tunde Kehinde, the co-Founder and former Managing Director of Jumia Nigeria, the largest eCommerce platform in Africa and Ercin Eksin, the former Chief Operating Officer of Jumia Africa responsible for operations in 6 of the largest economies in Africa. Jumia is publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Tunde and Ercin also co-founded Africa Courier Express, the largest direct-to-consumer delivery provider in Nigeria. Tunde and Ercin attended Harvard Business School and the University of Chicago- Booth, respectively for their MBAs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst
- The Investment Analyst position is responsible for acquiring & managing clients and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers with the goal of growing Lidya’s loan portfolio.
- Ambitious & Metrics Driven: You want to solve the $5 trillion USD small business credit gap across fast growing economies. You are committed to relentlessly finding the right customer, building trust and converting those relationships into sustainable, win-win partnerships. You understand that you will be judged on your numbers and building a high growth, profitable loan book.
- Has no complacency and is high energy. You understand your role is critical to the company. You apply high energy every day to grow your customer base and revenue. You want to grow every day, month, quarter, year. You are persistent, clear and driven to get deals done – properly and quickly.
- Resourceful, High Integrity, High Impact. You find a way. You do business with trust and transparency and dig into the details with the aim to help customers get the credit they need to grow their business.
- Collaborative. You understand you need a team to succeed. You carry along internal stakeholders to ensure they are aligned to support and drive sales and conversion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer Acquisition: Present, promote and sell Lidya’s products using solid negotiations to existing and Key Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Customer Acquisition: Present, promote and sell Lidya’s products using solid negotiations to existing and prospective clients across relevant sectors, including but not limited to companies in the e-commerce, consumer goods, healthcare and financial services industries.
- Client Engagement: Manage existing client engagements, appraisal of customer loan applications, and approval or rejection of applications within agreed timelines and loan limits. Reach out to customer leads through cold calling and establish, develop and maintain positive new client relationships.
- Loan Portfolio Growth: Achieve agreed upon commercial targets and outcomes on a monthly basis. Support the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers by authentication of KYC documentation presented for all credit applications and eligibility assessments as required by the Lidya and regulators.